Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Back with a Vengeance (and The Avengers)!

You know what's worse than having a couple of months between posts? How about a freaking year! I did make a note on my twitter that the blog was on hiatus, but I wasn't planning on it being this long before I got back to it. If it makes you feel better (and it won't, because you probably don't care), I haven't been completely idle, and I've got more film study under my belt, though sadly not much focused on sound. But I do still love it, and I brought something awesome for show and tell!

On May 4th, blockbuster movie The Avengers hit the theaters harder than Thor's Hammer to the face. Honestly, if you haven't seen it yet, what are you waiting for? Joss Whedon knocked it out of the park. But I digress. While the film is filled with action and stunning visual effects, the atmospheric sound is just as notable and just as great. The SoundWorks Collection recently spoke with Supervising Sound Editor, Sound Designer, and Re-recording Mixer Christopher Boyes about his work on The Avengers. Give it a look (and listen)!

No comments:

Post a Comment